Banana Buckwheat Bread
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease and line a 8×4″ loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Mash three of the bananas in a medium bowl, making a thick puree. Add in the eggs, macadamia oil, maple syrup, and vanilla bean powder.
4. In a separate medium bowl, combine the buckwheat flour, almond meal, chia seeds, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
5. Add the dry ingredients and the milk mixture to the banana blend and stir to make a smooth batter. Pour into the prepared pan.
6. Peel the remaining banana and cut in half lengthwise. Lay the slices, cut-side up, on top of the batter. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown and a skewer comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
7. Brush the top of the hot cake with a bit of maple syrup.
8. Turn the loaf onto a rack to cool completely and slice to serve.
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tsp unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
4 overripe medium bananas
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 cup macadamia oil, plus extra for greasing
2 Tbsp maple syrup, plus extra for glazing
1 tsp vanilla bean powder
3/4 cup buckwheat flour
3/4 cup almond meal
2 tsp chia seeds
1 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda
pinch of Himalayan salt
Cook Time 45-50 minutes | Serves 8 - Recipe by wellandgood.com