Raw Superfood Blueberry Cheesecake
For the base:
– 1⁄2 cup almonds
– 1⁄2 cup Pecan
– 1⁄2 cup Walnuts
– Zest of 1⁄2 lemon
– 2 cups of medjool dates
For the middle:
– 2 cups of soaked cashew nuts
– Juice of lemon
– 1/4 or 1/2 Cup of maple syrup or rice syrup depending on how sweet you like it
– 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
– Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
For the top:
– 2 cup of blueberries
– 4 medjool dates
– 1 tablespoon of maple syrup or rice syrup
Recipe by Tamara Connell of "Loving Healthy"
Heavenly, creamy and utterly yummy! This delectable raw, dairy free, gluten free cheesecake will be sure to impress and delight your friends and family.
Skin and ageing: Blueberries rank number 1 in the world of anti-oxidants. This is mainly due to the presence of Anthocyanin, a pigment responsible for the blue colour of the blue berries, they have strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects on the body which are important for normal skin cell development and healthy skin tone.
Supercharge: Locked inside nuts are the genetic material for an entire plant, so they are extremely nutrient dense containing macro nutrients (i.e. fats and protein) as well as micronutrients (i.e. various vitamins and minerals), essential for the proper functioning of your body’s hormones, organs, and systems.
Female health: Nuts contain high levels of calcium; calcium has shown to be helpful for those suffering from PMS. Calcium is also crucial for maintaining bone density during the menopause.
1. You will need to soak the cashew nuts for at least four hours.
2. Start by making the base. Put the mixed nuts into a food processor and blend for a minute or so until the nuts are nicely crushed. Once this has happened add the pitted medjool dates and blend again until a sticky mix forms. Press this into the base of a cake tin and place in the freezer.
3. Then make the middle layer by simply putting all the ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy. Take the base layer out of the freezer and pour three quarters of this mix over it before putting the cake back into the freezer – keep the final quarter of the mix in the processor as it’s needed for the top layer.
4. To make the third layer simply add the remaining ingredients to the blender combined with the mix from the middle, blend until smooth and then pour over the middle layer.
5. Place the cake back into the freezer to set for two hours before serving. You’ll need to remove the cake from the freezer and allow it to warm up for a few minutes before you serve it.